TO : ALL PARENTS
DATE : 29 April 2014
SUBJECT : Circular to parents
CIRCULAR NO. : May 2014
- Registration for Form 1 and Primary 1 (2015)
2.1 The registration for Form 1 and Primary 1 for next year (2015) will close on 30 April 2014. To date we have received 204 applications for Form 1 and 108 applications for Primary 1.
2.2 The applicants for Form 1 will sit for an assessment test on Saturday, 10 May 2014 and for Primary 1 will be on Saturday, 21 June 2014.
2.3 Final acceptance of the child will depend on the following conditions:
i) the number of vacancies available
ii) the child’s performance in the assessment test
iii) the child’s position in our wait list
iv) favourable reports from the child’s former school and other extra-curricular activities
- Inter-House Athletic Meet
2.1 The Inter-House Athletics Meet will be held at the Jubilee Ground, Jalan Padungan on Sunday, 18 May 2014.
2.2 All students are to report to the sports field by 7.30 a.m. on that day. All athletes are to occupy the right grand stand while parents and other students may occupy the left grand stand.
2.3 For safety and security reasons, all athletes must stay with their teachers-in-charge and teams throughout the meet. If parents wish to take their children home early, please inform the respective teacher-in-charge.
2.4 Free Milo drinks will be provided for the athletes only. Please bring extra drinks for your children in view of the likely hot weather. Ms. Justina, our Canteen Operator, will be available to sell some tidbits and drinks.
2.5 The events are likely to be over by 12.45 p.m. Please arrange to pick up your children from the sports field.
2.6 There will be no school on Monday, 19 May 2014. School will continue as usual on 20 May 2014.
|THE SCHOOL CORDIALLY INVITES ALL PARENTS, STUDENTS & WELL-WISHERS OF THE SCHOOL TO ITS INTER-HOUSE ATHLETIC MEET.
DATE: SUNDAY 18 May 2014
TIME: 7.30 A.M. – 12.45 P.M
VENUE: Jubilee Ground, Jalan Padungan
- Teacher’s Day Celebration
3.1 The school will celebrate Teacher’s Day on a modest scale on Friday, 23 May 2014.
3.2 There will be a Mass offered for the teachers on 16 May 2014 and some presentations of items by students on Friday, 23 May 2014.
3.3 While we appreciate the good intention of parents and students to shower their teachers with gifts, flowers, cakes etc. on this special day, we will appreciate it more if parents and students can please refrain from doing all these as we intend to teach our students that celebrations can be personal, meaningful and yet non-monetary.
3.4 The dismissal time for Teacher’s Day celebration on 23 May 2014 is 11.45 a.m. (Primary) and 12.00 noon (Secondary).
- Mufti Day
4.1 On Friday, 23 May 2014, the school will also observe Mufti Day – No uniform day.
4.2 Students are encouraged to come to school not wearing their school uniform.
4.3 They may wear their normal clothes but they must be decent, proper and neat.
- Mid-year Holidays
5.1 The school will close for the mid-year holidays from Wednesday, 28 May 2014 to Sunday, 15 June 2014.
5.2 Parents of children in the secondary school are kindly requested to ensure that your child spend some time (2-3 hours per day) doing light reading, revisions or catching up on their work.
- Outstanding Achievement
Our congratulations to the following students:
- a) Kulleh Tajang (P1Hope) emerged as champion in the Mixed U 12 B (12 years and below Group B) in the Super Squashers Social held on 15–16 March 2014 at Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
- b) Tham Tat Weng (F3B) won silver in the Boys Under-18 category
- Kulleh Tajang won Championship in category B (Boys and Girls Below 10 years old) in 2014 Junior Golf Tournament held on 22 March 2014 at Sarawak Golf Club.
- Jee Yu Fei (F3B) won gold in Girls Double U-15 (her partner is Kirsty Tay Yong Form 3 from SMK Kuching High) and silver in Girls Singles U-15 during the Kejohanan Badminton MSSM Bahagian Kuching held on 1-4 April 2014.
- Jee Yu Fei won silver in Girls Below 16 Doubles in the Kejohanan Badminton Sirkit Remaja Kebangsaan 100 Plus 2014 organized by Persatuan Badminton Malaysia in conjunction with Sarawak Badminton Association held on 11 – 13 April 2014 at Dewan SBA, Kuching.
- At badminton championship organized by the Lodge Secondary Badminton Club held on 22 – 24 March 2014 at Lodge Private Secondary National School. a) Jee Yu Fei also won silver in Singles Girls U-15 and silver in Mixed Doubles. b) Dexter Sim Yi Hung(F1D)and Sim Yok Yew(F1D)won bronze in the Doubles Boys U-15
- At the 2014 Kejohanan Wushu KPM Ke-5 held on 28 – 30 March at Stadium MPJB, Johor Bahru.
- Mandy Lim Xin Hui (F1C) – Kumpulan B Wanita: Gold in Nangun, Number 6 in Nanquan, Number 7 in Nandao.
- Joel Chua Hsien Zhi (F3C) – Kumpulan B Lelaki: Number 6 in Jianshu, Number 6 in Qiangshu.
- Adrian Chin Kiong Pei (F1D) – Kumpulan D Lelaki: Number 11 in Changquan.
- At the Kejohanan World Taekwondo Federation(WTF) Jemputan Yayasan Sarawak 2014 held on 23 March at Dewan Serbaguna Yayasan Sarawak. a) Morven Chua Hsien Hao (F1E) won Silver Category B Boys Age 14 and Above b) Chris Wong Lee Hung (F2A) won Silver Category B Boys Age 14 and Above c) Cecilia Wong Thing (F1A) won Silver Category A Girls Age 9 and Above
- Pertandingan Tenis MSSM Bahagian Kuching held on 8 – 11 April 2014 at Gelanggang Tenis SLTA, Kuching a) Mark Leong Wei Yang (F2B) – Champion in Lelaki 15 TKB Singles b) Kirsten Leong Kher Ting (F3A) – Champion in Perempuan 15 TKB Doubles and Runner-Up in Perempuan 15 TKB Singles c) Abigail Ong Hui Wen (F2C) – Champion in Perempuan 15 TKB Doubles and Semi-Finalists in Perempuan 15 TKB Singles
- Zachary Adam Tan Kian Phen (F1D), Group 3 Boys, Age 11-12 50thNational Age Group Swimming Competition 2014 held on 11 – 13 April 2014 at Bukit Jalil Swimming Pool, First place in 200m Breaststroke, first in 200m Individual Medley, second in 400m Freestyle, second in 200m Freestyle, second in 100m Breaststroke, third in 50m Butterfly, third in 100m Backstroke, third in 200m Backstroke, 50m in Backstroke
- 10. Important Dates
01.05.2014 Wednesday – Labour Day (Public Holiday)
(Feast of St. Joseph, the Worker)
06.05.2014 Tuesday – Teacher-Parent Interview
07.05.2014 Wednesday – Parent-Teacher Interview
09-16.05.2014 – Sports Jumping Events
10.05.2014 Saturday – Assessment Test for Form 1
12.05.2014 Monday – English Competition
– Media Literacy Seminar for Form 1
13.05.2014 Tuesday – Wesak Day (Public Holiday)
18.05.2014 Sunday – School Sports Day
19.05.2014 Monday – School Holiday
20-21.05.2014 – Photograph Taking
23.05.2014 Friday – Teacher’s Day Celebration
28.05.2014 Wednesday – Mid Year Holidays until 15.06.2014
29.05.2014 Thursday – Ascension of Our Lord
St. Joseph’s Private School – education beyond the ordinary.
St. Joseph’s Private School