TO : ALL PARENTS
DATE : 27 June 2013
SUBJECT : Circular to parents
CIRCULAR NO. : JULY 2013
1.0 Construction of St. Joseph’s Private School
1.1 The Board of Directors, St. Joseph’s Private School Management Berhad is pleased to announce that the new school building for St. Joseph’s Private Secondary School is nearing completion.
1.2 We are likely to move to the new building in late July 2013 after our Second School Examination pending the release of the necessary Occupation Permit (O.P).
1.3 The Opening Ceremony and blessing of the new building is scheduled for Saturday 24 August 2013.
1.4 All parents will be invited to witness the opening ceremony.
1.5 The Primary school will continue to operate from the present site.
2.0 Second School Examination 2013
2.1 The Second School Examination for Transition, Form 1 and Form 2 will begin on Wednesday 17 July 2013 and end on Wednesday 24 July 2013. Primary 1, 2 and 3 will begin their examination on Thursday 18 July 2013 to Wednesday 24 July 2013.
2.2 Timetables for the examination have been issued to all students concerned on Friday 28 June 2013. Kindly ensure that your children spend sufficient time revising for the examination.
2.3 All extra-curricular activities (ECA) will be suspended from Monday 15 July 2013 to Friday 26 July 2013 to give more time for your children to do their revision for the examination. All ECA will resume from Monday 29 July 2013.
2.4 The Chinese Language Examination for Form 1 will be held on 10 and 15 July 2013 (3.50 pm – 5.20 pm) and for Form 2 on 11 and 16 July 2013 (3.50 pm – 5.20 pm).
2.5 Dismissal times during the examination period (17–24 July 2013) are as follows:
Primary 1, 2 and 3 – 12.00 noon
Transition, Form 1 & 2 – 12.30 p.m.
3.0 School Report Cards
3.1 Report cards for the Second School Examination will be issued to students on Monday 5 August 2013.
3.2 All report cards must be signed by the parents and returned to the class teachers by Monday 19 August 2013.
4.0 University of New South Wales, Australia
4.1 The University of New South Wales, Australia, will hold its International Competitions and Assessment for schools in English on 16 July 2013. The competition will be held at the Computer Laboratory from 8.00 am to 9.00 am.
4.2 The Mathematics Competition will be held from 8.00 to 9.00 a.m. in the Computer Laboratory on 30 July 2013.
5.0 English Language Competition 2013
The finals of the Spelling Bee Competition were held on 23 May 2013 during Teachers’ Day celebration. The winners are:
1st Prize : Tristan Tan Yong Cheun (F1A)
2nd Prize : Jane Ting (F1A)
3rd Prize : Germaine Cassandra (F1A)
6.0 Art Competition 2013
The results of the Creative Character Creation Contest are:
1st : Zachary Liew Zhe-Xi (F1A)
2nd : Jane Ting (F1A)
3rd : Gordon Yong (F1B)
1.Isabel Lyn Wong (F1A)
2. Chris Wong (F1B)
1st : Ashlyn Ong (F2B)
2nd: Kirstin Leong (F2A)
3rd : Sharon Ng (F2A)
1.Terry Teo (F2A)
2. Jocelyn Hiu (F2A)
1st : Chin Ken
2nd: Isaac Law Lik Jun
7.0 Outstanding Achievements
Kirsten Leong Kher Ting (F2A)
- Gold medal in 14/18 U Girls Doubles in the Greensports International Junior Tennis Championship 2013 organized by the Miri Division Lawn Tennis Association, 17– 19 May 2013. She also participated in the 18 U Girls Singles category.
- Silver medal (runner up) in Girls Doubles – Tier 1 at LTAM Sport Excel 2013 Leg 2 Main Draw held at Kompleks Tenis Tun Razak, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur from 24 – 28 May 2013.
- Bronze medal (Fourth position) in Singles and entered semi-finals in Doubles at the Third Penang Asian 14U Series Tennis Championship held in Pulau Pinang , 11 – 15 June 2013.
Mark Leong Wei Yang (F1B)
- Bronze medal in 18U Boys Singles in the Greensports International Junior Tennis Championship 2013 organized by the Miri Division Lawn Tennis Association, 17– 19 May 2013.
- Participated in the LTAM Sport Excel 2013 Leg 2 Main Draw held at Kompleks Tenis Tun Razak, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur from 24 – 28 May 2013.
- Participated in the Third Penang Asian 14U Series Tennis Championship held in Pulau Pinang from 11 – 15 June 2013.
8.0. Important Dates
28.06.2013 Friday – Last day for payment of school fees (3rd term)
30.06.2013 Sunday – St. Joseph’s Cathedral Parish Sales and Fair
04.07.2013 Thursday – Mathematics Competition (Secondary)
10.07.2013 Wednesday – Awal Ramadan (First day of Fasting) – Not a public holiday
16.07.2013 Tuesday – University of New South Wales (English Competition)
17.07.2013 Wednesday – Second School Examination until 24.07.13
– Third Staff Meeting
29.07.2013 Monday – ECA resumes
30.07.2013 Tuesday – University of New South Wales (Mathematics Competition)
05.08.2013 Monday – Report Cards Day
St. Joseph’s Private School – education beyond the ordinary.
St. Joseph’s Private School